Conditions We Treat
- Orthopaedic conditions such as plagiocephaly (a flat area on the head of babies), torticollis (head turned or tilted to one side), lower limb alignment (feet turning inwards or toe-walking), patella-femoral mal-alignment, scoliosis or joint pain.
- Developmental delay or concerns. The way a baby or child moves is often more important than the time frame in which they achieve their developmental milestones. A neuromotor developmental assessment can identify if there are underlying issues that need to be addressed. Knowing how to help your child achieve their developmental milestones is sometimes all that is required.
- Difficulty with co-ordination or balance.
- Neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, stroke and traumatic brain injury.
- Genetic conditions including Down Syndrome and Achondroplasia.
- Low muscle tone.
Interventions We Use
- Home Programs and school readiness programs
- Equipment prescription including seating, toileting, toys, orthotics, standing frames and walking frames.
- Prescription of assistive garments such as TheraTogs, Spios, Straps Australia Braces, Second Skin Suits.
- Serial Casting
- Gym Programs or core strengthening